- Code Tour25
- Tour Length 8 hours
- Tour type Private driver and Jewish guide Tour of Rome (ghetto) wishing to visit the catacombs must be pre booked contact our office if you wish to book.
- People target For Everyone exploring the History and Culture of Rome
- Highlights Jewish Ghetto Jewish Musuem Sinagoga Rome city Highlights Catacombs of Vigna Randanni, Catacombs (on request)
- Included Private Driver English speaking 4 hours Jewish community Authorized Guide Taxes and tolls
- Not included Gratuity Entrance tickets
- Services Luxury Mercedes car /limovan Full insurance qualified Driver/guide
- Notes NB the Jewish catacombs must be pre booked contact our office if you wish to book the catacombs
Jewish Ghetto and Rome city Tour
Discover the eternal City of Rome
Discover the city of Rome and all about the Roman Empire you can admire and Visit the many sites related to the Great Roman Empire and its influence its great Architecture still standing todayThe Roman Forum& about the Roman Empire you can admire and Visit the many sites related to the Great Roman Empire and its influence its great Architecture still standing todayThe Roman Forum this is one of the most important...Read all
Jewish Ghetto and Rome day trip you will discover with us the Roman Jewish story which has Centuries of History you will Visit the Ghetto of Rome which was established in the year 1555 which was controlled by the pope until the capture of Rome. The Ghetto was built to confine them in an area a Wall was built around the Ghetto to keep them in Or as we our Travel team would say to keep the Jewish people walled in. They were also subject to many restrictions professional work and also economical .( Ghetto was also the term used for the horrendous events during the 2nd world war where they Jews where all placed in the Ghetto ordered sent by the Germans Nazi's) unlike the Ghetto of the 1500 hundreds where life passed by considerably normal .
Rome is now the center of the Christian faith but in the past times Rome had a strong Jewish influence and Rome was also in ancient times a place where the Jews took refuge from the Syrian so many settled in Rome, and you will see many monuments and sites that are related to the Jewish faith. The Jews of Rome have until today preserved their own language a Dialect called Giudeo/Romanesco. Your private driver will take you to the Ghetto firstly then after to the two Synagogues of Rome also pre booking the Jewish guide that is a member of the respected Jewish community will show you around for 4 hours guided tour of the Jewish Museum. You will also visit the Jewish bakery and you will find many Jewish restaurant to stop for lunch. Also on special request one must pre book they are open to the public but only by appointment and we have to call the Jewish Catacombs office to visit the Catacombs of Vigna Randanni. The other Jewish Catacombs that are only exclusive to pre booking Vigna Cimarra ( open on a special request ) Catacombs of Villa Tolonia.
This being a full day we will combine also the main sites of Rome so to give you a full day exploring the Great story of Rome with the many Cultures and Religions that still today take pride in their heritage.